Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grrrr

Several weeks back I went to post an update to the good ol’ blog.  To my surprise I couldn’t contact my site.  Instead it went to Network Solutions saying the site was under construction.  Well that’s a shock because it’s been constructed for some time.

I call my hosting provider and they say it looks fine.  I politely tell them to look again and what do you know, now they see the problem.  They say I need to call Network Solutions to get it repointed back to their site.  I told them they should handle that because they set it up.  I don’t even know what the login for that website is.  I paid them for the domain name and let them manage the pointing. 

So I call Network Solutions.  They tell me that the domain is pointing to the correct name server and that it went to auction and was purchased by another Corey Thomas.  Imagine how shocked I was to hear that!  I had paid my hosting company to handle my domain which I’ve owned for many years and they drop the ball.  So now I lost www.coreythomas.com and there isn’t anything I can do about it.

For the record, the hosting company was www.myhosting.com.  So let my situation be a lesson to you all.  If you have a good domain name, take care of it yourself directly with the registrar.

No comments: